Miscellaneous topics concerning benefits



Where to send claims and evidence:


VA has implemented a centralized mailing address. Instead of sending correspondeces to the individual regional offices, which was the case before, now VA has one "intake center" that receives, sorts, and uploads all submitted documents and correpsondences to what's called a "Centralized Mail" portal to the individual regaional office. So, instead of sending your claims and/or evidence to your local regional office, you should now send it to the following address;


 For all claims, supplemental claims and higher level reviews related material;

Department of Veterans Affairs

Evidence Intake Center

P.O. Box 4444

Janesville, WI 53547-4444


Facsimile: (844) 531-7818 (Tollfree within the U.S.)

                  (248) 524-4260 (outside the U.S.)


For Notice of Disagreements and related material

Board of Veterans Appeals

P.O. Box 27063

Washington, D.C. 20038


Facsimile: (844) 678-8979 (Tollfree within the U.S.)


For all Pension claims (depending where you live):

Department of Veterans Affairs

Claims Intake Center

Attn: Philadelphia Pension Center

P.O. Box 5365

Janesville, WI 53547-5365


Department of Veterans Affairs

Claims Intake Center

Attn: St. Paul Pension Center

P.O. Box 5365

Janesville, WI 53547-5365


Department of Veterans Affairs

Claims Intake Center

Attn: Milwaukee Pension Center

P.O. Box 5365

Janesvile, WI 53547-5365


Facsimile number for all Pension Intake centers: (844) 655-1604


For all VocRehab claims and correspondences

Department of Veterans Affairs

VR&E Intake Center

P.O. Box 5210

Janesville, WI 53547-5210


Direct deposit information:


As of October 13, 2020, VA has discontinued the use of both VAF's 24-0296 and 24-0296a due to apparent fraud issues! Therefore, to establish your direct deposit info with VA you'll need to complete the below Standard Form 1199A if you have not previously noted it on your application. Please note that your financial institution must complete section 3 of the form!

For foreign bank accounts:

Even though VA is now using the Standard Form 1199A to establish one's direct deposit information, you can still have your VA compensation directly deposited into a foreign bank account too. To do so, you'll still have to fill out the Standard Form 1199A (please note that your foreign bank still must fill out and sign section 3), but you should also attach a statement from your foreign bank as to the routing path instructions.

SF 1199A
Standard Form 1199A.pdf
PDF-Dokument [163.6 KB]

Where to send the Standard Form 1199A:


You should send your Standard Form 1199A either to the Evidence Intake Center shown above or you can email it to the following Email address; directd.vbamus@va.gov

Changing your mailing address:


Always inform VA if you move. If you move and forget to notify VA, they may discontinue your benefits until they know your whereabouts. Therefore, it is imperative that you notify VA immediately of any address change. To do so, simply fillout the VAF 20-572 and send it to the claims intake center.

VAF 20-572
PDF-Dokument [735.8 KB]

Requesting records from VA:


If you would like to request a copy of certain information contained in your C-file/E-folder at VA (or the whole file), then you will need to requet this information under the 1974 Privacy Act. To do so you will need to fill out VAF 20-10206 and submit it to VA's evidence intake center noted above.

VAF 20-20106
PDF-Dokument [1.5 MB]
Druckversion Druckversion | Sitemap Diese Seite weiterempfehlen Diese Seite weiterempfehlen
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs claims assistance for veterans worldwide. Accredited VA claims Agent pursuant 38 C.F.R. §14.629